Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Sterling Silver Wire Wrap Ring - My First

This is not my first ring but this is my first wire wrap ring with Sterling Silver wire and Sterling Silver metal beads. Wire wrapping this ring with 20ga wire is almost the same as wrapping with Stainless Steel wire, in terms of hardness of the wire I must say. Overall, I am very satisfied with this ring. The technique I used for this ring is contain in my Sparkly Crystal Ring Tutorial available at my etsy shop also in this blog. Sterling Silver wire and Sterling Silver metal beads wire wrapped sparkly ring

4 comments:

  1. The ring looks great! I did not realize you had been using stainless steel on your other pieces. Do you coat it with something t protect the surface? I have some but was unsure about using it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Leslie, I can't get Steling Silver locally. That is why I have been using a lot of stainless steel.
    There is no need to coat stainless steel wire. It looks like silver but harder and they are very easy to clean. Stainless steel wire doesn't tarnish or rust, so it quite hardy. Try them out. I actually love them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I'll give it a try. I have some actually, just haven't gotten around to trying it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Show us some pix once you are done. Happy trying :)

    ReplyDelete

I like to hear what you have in mind. Thank you for your time.